Guided walks with Will4Adventure
Available to groups or individuals we offer you the opportunity to book our expertise to lead you on our guided walks in the Peak District, Lake District, Snowdonia or anywhere you wish to explore …
- 5th/26th July 2020: Scafell Pike – wild camping
- 15th August 2020: The Welsh 3000s 24hr Challenge
- 22nd / 23rd August 2020: A trek in a weekend – The Lake District
- 29th-31st August 2020: The Welsh 3000s – 3 day trek
- 5th September 2020: Marsden to Edale Challenge Walk
- 5th/6th September 2020: Snowdonia starters – Snowdon via Y Lliwedd and the Nantlle Ridge
- 24th/25th Sept 2020 (mid-week): Ullswater Guided Walking – The Lake District
- 3rd/4th October 2020: Edale Skyline – The Dark Peak
- 1st/2nd May 2021: Snowdonia starters – Snowdon via Y Lliwedd and the Nantlle Ridge
- 8th/9th May 2021: The Welsh 3000s – 2 day trek
- 29th-31st May 2021: The Welsh 3000s – 3 day trek
- 26th June 2021: The Welsh 3000s 24hr Challenge
- Hire your own private walking guides
The Edale Skyline – The Dark Peak
3rd/4th Oct 2020
Nature: You can leave the car at home and travel by train to the Peak District for this wild getaway. You’ll be met in Hope on Friday night and guided in by the light of your head-torch to this remote converted barn – accessible only by foot, 4WD and helicopter (and we don’t have a 4WD or helicopter). Warmed by the large open fire we’ll talk through Saturday’s plans … if there were such a thing – this would be the haute route of the Peak District!
We wake up, already on the hill and starting high so that’s where we’ll stay starting with a traverse of the southern edge of Kinder Scout. Two leaders will allow for a flexible approach so that at around the six mile point people can choose to walk the full 18 miles or take the shorter option of 12 miles back through the Vale of Edale. For those with the legs of steel the hike will continue on the high ground taking in the wonderful ridge line that stretches from Brown Knoll all the way to Lose Hill. The finale to the day is a crafty ascent of Win Hill before heading back for an endorphin high, tasty meal and maybe a cheeky glass of wine back at the barn.
Sunday will be a relaxed walk back to Hope – to enjoy coffee and papers in the cafe before the train or drive home.
Distances: Friday night – 3.5 miles; Saturday – 12 mile and 18 mile routes on offer; Sunday – 3.5 miles
Start / Finish: The Cheshire Cheese Pub, Hope, the Hope Valley, Derbyshire
Accommodation: Crookstone Barn (included). The barn sleeps 23 in four bunk rooms – but we’ll be limiting numbers on this weekend to 12. Note: sleeping bags will be required.
Price per person: £125 – guiding, accommodation, dinner on Saturday night plus two breakfasts
Private bookings can be taken to lead individuals and private groups on this guided walk from £135 per day. Contact us with your preferred date(s) that suit you and the numbers and we’ll get back to you asap with all the details.