Mountain scrambling is an exhilarating way to ascend a mountain but attempted by the inexperienced it can be a dangerous choice of outdoor pursuit: the wrong choice of route on the wrong day can lead to disastrous consequences. Scrambling requires experienced route finding, navigational skills, judgement of the weather and sound technical skills when moving on steep ground. These scrambling courses aim to cover these areas whilst ticking off some wonderful mountain routes at the same time!
- Guided Scrambling – scrambling days out for the complete novice
- Scrambling: the improver’s course – the essential skills
- Scrambling: learn to lead – as tough as it gets – harder more technical routes that need safe-guarding with a rope and leader placed protection
- Mountaineering – Multi-pitch Rock Climbing
- Further Training
Scrambling: Learn to Lead
For those of you bitten by the bug and looking to take the adventure further, we take the time to teach you the skills to tackle harder and more committing routes on this 2 day scrambling course. The training aims to consolidate the lessons from the Improvers’ course and gain further mountain skills to get you started independently on all grades of route. Plus, at a leader to client ratio not exceeding 1:2 you’ll get to sample some fantastic high and airy grade 2 and 3 routes . . . bring it on!
Location: The Lake District & Snowdonia
Leader / client ratio: 1:2
- Further technique for climbing and movement on steep ground
- Gear placement and removal
- Basic rope skills for safeguarding short ascents and descents
- Judgment and route finding
- Hazard awareness and management
- Interpreting guidebooks
- Equipment review
- Guided ascents of classic routes
Price per course: £360 (for up to 2 people)
Contact us with your preferred date(s) that suit and we’ll get back to you asap with all the details.