What is scrambling? In short, scrambling is exciting, it’s airy, it’s exposed, it’s exhilarating, and most of all it’s simply a GREAT way to ascend a mountain. It is almost easier to describe what it isn’t. It isn’t just hill walking, it isn’t as technical as rock climbing. Scrambling lies in that grey area between hill walking and rock climbing. It is where you head out to the mountains equipped for a day of walking, but you look for lines to the tops that will allow for some clambering and climbing on the rocks – but hopefully nothing too hard.
For those early forays go with someone that has experience and knows what they are doing. That could be with an experienced mate, a local mountaineering club or of course with us!
If you have never tried scrambling, make plans to do so now! As well as being exciting, airy, exposed, exhilarating, and a GREAT way to ascend a mountain, it’s also extremely addictive.
Guided scrambling weekends with Will4Adventure 2019 / 2020
For those of you with a good head for heights, this is an exhilarating way to ascend a mountain offering high airy views and plenty of excitement. Perfect for seasoned walkers or aspirant adventurers!
Weekends coming up …
- Snowdonia, Snowdon via Y Gribin and the Llech Du Spur – 7th / 8th Sep 2019
- Lake District, Helvelyn via Striding Edge and Blencathra via Sharp Edge – 28th/29th September 2019
- Snowdonia starters. Snowdon via Y Llwidd and the Nantle Ridge – 2nd / 3rd May 2020
- Snowdonia, two of the best. Tryfan’s North Ridge and Crib Goch – 23rd/24th May 2020
- Hire a Guide For a Day
- Frequently Asked Questions